Discussion Topics« Return to Announcements
Successfully Passed The PMP Exam: My Study Strategy was
I successfully passed the PMP exam and below I am sharing my experience in general, study guides and preparation I
took which might prove to be useful for someone.
About the Exam:
*It took me almost 3 hours.
* Some tricky questions involved picking the "best" of many correct answers
* The technique of eliminating 2 answers first didn't work in some cases...for some there were 3 correct answers to choose the "best" one from
* Many questions were direct.
* of course the pmp groupsite community (silent lurker in the forum, listing hints, strong resources, exchange private msgs with passers)
* took trainings
* Rita's exams (very useful, highly recommended)
* PMBOK Guide (little read here, read there only) Im more into taking mock exams
* I listened to the PM Prepcast/PMChamp videos on drives to and from work
* PCMi products from this site are great too
* discipline and determination are rewarding buddies
* The PMBoK is a standard and framework, not best practices
* 3 days before the exam, take time to relax
my prayers are with you PMP reviewers! you can do it too!
Edited Tue, May 7, 2013 7:39 PM
Replies to this Topic
just to chime in here, I passed my PMP 5 hrs ago and I highly recommend Pmchamp to every aspiring PMPs....take your online PMP training at PMChamp.com , you will not regret it
The way Mr. Vinai teach was so easy to understand and his training methodology is totally guaranteeing towards passing the pmp exam on your first take...(mock exams, study topics and tricks)
Make sure you have project management experience first otherwise you can't take the exams...also, there's no way you can pass an exam if you don't study for it
goodluck and God bless you all
Edited Thu, Sep 29, 2011 10:12 AM
- Wed, Oct 19, 2011 4:23 AM
I am also a product of PMChamp.com, Rita's book and HeadFirst
this is my first month of being a certified PMP and I am very grateful for this community and trainings that have helped me achieve my star!
2011 is my best year ever! congrats everybody
Congrats on passing the exam. If I have to choose between PMPChamp and PM Prepcast, which one would you recommend?
Hi Shipra, compared to the other tools I used before, PMChamp is way better and much more comprehensive. The topics and guidance from Vinai were extremely helpful. I highly recommend you go for PMChamp.
Is there a way I can test my preparedness to take PMP... I have gone through PMBOK once, Head first once , Rita Mulcahy twice... I feel comfortable with questions in Rita mulcahy.
Is there any test which is close to PMP ?
Cornelius Fitchner lists My Top 10 Recommended Web Sites for Free PMP Exam Sample Questions at http://cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp/604-my-top-10-recommended-web-sites-for-free-pmp-exam-sample-questions.
When you come across a tough question, share it as a new discussion in this group.
For really tough questions, bring them to the PMP(r) Preparation group on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/u/0/110378594959350757709. Oliver Lehman (Cornelius Fitchner's #1 recommendation for sample questions) facilitates that group. If we can't explain the answer there, Oliver will step in to help.
Edited Tue, Jan 1, 2013 5:34 PM
I passed PMP on 1st of December 2012.
The question was moderate. It took me 3-1/2 hrs without break to complete. I skipped all the formula questions ( @ 15 nos), and completed at the end. Time is the essence. Don't waste time if you can't answer right away, keep it for review.
I practice around 8000 questions. Read PMBOK ( 2wice), Rita -2wice.
Understanding of ITTO is definetly helpful ( no need to memorize), you must know what comes first, what comes next etc...
NB. I have some PMP study material hard copy to dispose off. Any one in UAE can contact me to get them.