Discussion Topics

« Return to Studying PMBOK

Difference between Enterprise Environmental Factors & Organizational Process Assets

Hi,

I'm having a hard time to differentiate between Enterprise Environmental Factors & Organizational Process Assets. What should go into one and what should go into another?

Is there any key word or hint for me to know like "oh this one surely come from enterprise environmental factors" or "this activity surely have an output of eterprise environmental factors".

Thanks

Replies to this Topic

Hi This is Jayesh.

i also preparing for PMP so let me put down my understanding

EEF : are mostly constraints for your project, thing that you may affect you project though you might be able to influence these but nor completely eliminate them. Again these are things that prove as constraints

eg: ORg Processes, or more confusingly the PMIS, why is PMIS a EEF because it is something you have to use on your proj. A company standard. No 2 ways abt it/

OPA: Are data/info or Assets owned by your organization which will help you while the Project Lifecycle. Eg : Historical Data, Templates.

OPA are non compulsory, but under best practices you are suppose to refer them to help you in the project Life cycle

Refer Page 37 PM BOOK Guide. 

OPA provide guidelines and crireria for tailoring the org processes to the specific need of the project. EEF may constraint the Project managment Options

You use OPAs to improve the management of the project. You manage within the constraint and
guidelines established by the EEFs.

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite